Welcome to the official web site of the East Tennessee Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIAET). We hope to give you an overview of the AIA, serve as a guide to architectural services and the construction process, help users find just the AIA architect for their projects, and service our AIA East Tennessee Members. We also aim to serve as a resource about architecture and as a vehicle for discussing the issues affecting our community today.
AIA East Tennessee is the local chapter of The American Institute of Architects that serves architects and the public in 17 counties of East Tennessee. The chapter was chartered in 1953 and currently serves over 200 members.
The AIA represents the architectural profession and can provide the resources and the tools to help professionals meet occupational challenges. Whether those professionals are interns or firm principals, architects working alone or in a large firm, government employees, educators, corporate architects, or members of an allied profession, we strive to provide information and resources to make the professional path smoother. The architectural community can facilitate access to the information, knowledge, and experience a professional needs to make business decisions and set professional agendas.
The purpose of our organization is to further the art and science of architecture. AIA East Tennessee strives to advance this goal by:
- Providing continuing education for architects and other design professionals in the areas of business methods, technical development, design excellence, marketing techniques, practice management, project management.
- Communication to members in the form of a web site, newsletter, seminars, workshops, chapter meetings, receptions, and committee meetings.
- Assistance to the community through leadership, and members' service on local government bodies and community organizations.
- Advising legislators on legislation related to the profession.
- Distribution of standard documents and publications used by the construction industry such as AIA Standard Forms of Agreement between the architect/owner, owner/contractor, architect/consultant, etc.
- Providing a referral service to the public, and answering questions about what architects "do", how to hire one, what to expect in the working relationship.
- Providing a resource for research into the various areas of architectural interest.
- Serving as a resource for members for employment opportunities.
- Working with allied professions on issues of mutual interest and concern.
Membership in AIA East Tennessee offers members, sponsors, and affiliates an effective means to influence and contribute to their profession and the East Tennessee community. It is a forum for developing individual skills and sharing information about architectural practice. Through the National Component of AIA, members have access to national publications, committee reports, insurance programs, and the resources of expert staff in all areas of professional practice. At the state level, AIA Tennessee influences public policy on issues related to the practice of architecture and the health and safety of the public.
When you join the AIA team, you are committing yourself to a high standard of professional ethics, furthering your professional development, and advancing the value of your profession. For more information about joining AIA East Tennessee, please contact the chapter office email@example.com at or at (865) 637-5003.